My Rating System

My rating system is similar to the how I rate experiences on IMDB (films, shows, games). I created this to help you understand where my thought process might be when rating a film, if you're interested to know.




My Rating: ★★★★★★★★★★

This is what I consider THE perfect experience. I enjoyed it immensely and will come back to this experience over and over again. The music, acting, writing, directing, themes, artistry, entertainment, characters, technical achievements, and overall cultural impact or nostalgic factor - these aspects of my 10 star choices are my high standard to beat.  

My Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆

An almost perfect experience. 9 stars is basically a 10 star experience, except there's something missing that I can't always put my finger on. Sometimes there's an aspect that takes away from the overall experience, even if everything else is top tier. It's still considered the best of the best in my eyes. 

My Rating: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

Fantastic experiences that I highly recommend. Above average, but not a 9 or 10.  All aspects of the experience are good, with some of these aspects perfect. Sometimes I give an 8 star to productions that I realize can be considered the best of all time by others. Like Oscar movies. If it's a perfect movie, but not perfect to my personal standards, I'd probably give it an 8.

My Rating: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

An above average experience. Most of my nostalgic favorites are a 7. Usually I give a 7 if it has great rewatchability. This doesn't mean it's above average or my favorite, it just means it's enjoyable enough for me to experience multiple times.

My Rating: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆

The most average experience possible with high rewatchability. This is the lowest rating I would give if I enjoyed it at all. Anything below this I would never watch again and didn't enjoy a single bit.  

My Rating: ★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆

For every good thing to say, a flaw will be there to counter it. This is the most balanced experience in the sense that it's not good or bad. 50-50 quality, probably won't watch again. 

My Rating: ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆

The most forgettable rating ever. It wasn't good enough or bad enough for me to state an opinion. I just watched it and forgot it already. Not worth the time, might've been some good things, but won't be thinking about this for too long. 

My Rating: ★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A really bad experience. I respect it for trying, but this is a fail. A waste of a potentially good idea.

My Rating: ★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Basically a 1 star experience, but an extra point for what it potentially could've been if done correctly with higher quality. This is the rating when an experience isn't bad, but trash.

My Rating: ★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The worst of the worst. Ultimate waste of time of your life you won't be able to get back. Criminally horrible in the entertainment industry.