Loki (2021)


"The mercurial villain Loki resumes his role as the God of Mischief in a new series that takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.”"

- IMDB Synopsis



When Disney+ started these MCU shows with WandaVision, they really set the bar terribly high. I loved Falcon & the Winter Soldier, but that show didn't live up to the same hype at all. It just didn't have as nearly a powerful impact. With Loki, I was once again on the edge of my seat. Like with WandaVision, at the very end of every episode, I would sit through the credits just trying to understand what happened. Loki made me think, and that's a big impact. The characters, the acting, the atmosphere the lore, all carried valiantly by what is the greatest MCU soundtrack I've ever heard in my life, this was a solid show, and really drove the same culture shock energy as WandaVision did.

I am not alone in saying that Tom Hiddleston and his Loki hold a special place in my heart. I was never into comics, but my introduction to the MCU was the Avengers movie, in which Loki was the main villain. From that point until Endgame, I watched tons of videos, read many theories, and just completely absorbed myself in lore and hype for the films. Loki is also one of the greatest characters, and Hiddleston's performance always stands out. So I knew, no matter how good or bad, I would enjoy Loki for the sole reason that we get 6 hours with a fantastic character.


See, I watched Rick & Morty, so I'm quite familiar with with the concept of the multiverse. (read that sentence in a sarcastic voice because I'm pretending to be an expert) The concept of alternate reality versions of people is such a fun idea to play around with. So the first half of episode 5 was a joy because of this. The main 2 Loki "variants" of course was Endgame Loki and Lady Loki, or Sylvie. I thought Sylvie was a bit interesting at first, even pretty cool, but she got pretty annoying towards the end. And I don't really ship her with the other Loki, but if that's what happens, Asexuality for the win??????? I guess it makes sense for Loki to fall in love with himself. And Loki deserves it since Loki has always felt isolated as an outcast. 

What ever I think about Sylvie, I think we can all agree Mobius was the true star of the show. And I don't even need to add to that. The concept of the TVA and the Time Keepers was also pretty interesting as well. Like straight from the first episode, when we see the infinity stones used as paper weights, the internet broke in half. I wanted to learn so much more about the TVA, and all the pseudoscience behind it. And even after the whole TVA conspiracy was exposed in the 2nd half, I was left still wanting to learn more.


This leads me to the confirmation of a season 2. There's definitely so much left out there to figure out. When the finale abruptly ended, my first thought was that this should not go unnoticed in the films. Especially with Spiderman & Doctor Strange being revolved around this multiverse concept. That's what these Disney+ shows have advantage in, as Agents of Shield, and other Marvel shows prior, had no effect to the films. That being said, how do we go on from here? Is this TVA business solely meant for Loki to handle in his show, or are we gonna see Owen Wilson and Benedict Cumberbatch have a deep discussion about Nexus events?

It's so refreshing to have this hype for the MCU. Since Endgame, I've been very nonchalant towards the franchise. I've completely ignored Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang-Chi just because I've stopped caring. But because I've watched the shows, I'm genuinely excited to see how they will be implemented in the films, and how the films may or may not bridge into season 2.



My Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆