Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)


"A young woman, destined to slay vampires, demons and other infernal creatures, deals with her life fighting evil, with the help of her friends."

- IMDB Synopsis



Angel is the next show on my list and will enjoy this Halloween season with our favorite hot vampire. But for now, let me go back to a marathon I had last year.

I watched the entirety of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time ever in just a few months. Some episodes were epic & some episodes were annoying. The show was full of characters that were so easy to connect to, and sometimes I felt characters got  annoying too. But when the credits started after the series finale episode, I had to sit back & take in the experience. Even after 20+ years, Buffy stands on its own & still should be regarded as one of the best shows of all time. This show was definitely revolutionary for its time and raised the bar for all horror shows to come after it. The writing was hit or miss, but every actor always gave their all. It was a unique & entertaining journey from start to finish & I'm so glad I watched it.


The best season for me was definitely season 5 with season 7 as a close second. Season 4 was the worst & the other seasons were all equally good. Season 1, 6, & 7 had the best premieres. And seasons 3, 4, & 5 had the best finales.

Willow & Giles were my favorite characters. Willow had such a complex story, between her journey as a witch & her relationship with Tara. And the father-daughter aspect between Giles & Buffy was so heart warming, and Giles had his share of super hero moments himself. As for the great Angel vs Spike debate, at the end of the day I ship Buffy with Angel. But the story & development of her relationship with Spike was written so well & made such an impact on both characters, I thought it was a very unique relationship & a wonderful redemption arc in a way.


And Buffy herself... Sarah Michele Gellar is a queen. She held the show on her shoulders and carried the series every episode. Through Buffy's worst and best moments, you saw the human in her every second. Buffy was a symbol of strength, humanity, & love. Whether her battle was with life or the supernatural, she fought & gave it her all every time. And with her sparkling personality & sass, she will always be regarded as one of the most iconic heroes and I'm so glad I finally got to see her in action. Her story was one of a kind.



My Rating: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆