In Space With Markiplier (2022)


"In this interactive story, the fate of the crew of a spaceship is in your hands. Who will you save, more precisely, who can you save from the dangers of the endless universe?"

- IMDB



I've watched Markiplier for... dang, 7 years now. I love watching his let's plays. He's a funny & down-to-earth guy. I love it when he's with his friends - Bob, Wade, Ethan, Tyler, Jack. They're peak comedy when together. This is also a man who really loves his job. I can't think of a time when he went a whole month without posting at least something; there aren't a lot of YouTubers that can say that. Even some of the other "top dogs" have gotten burnt out and have takes extended hiatuses before. But Mark continues to be consistent with the same enthusiasm as he's always had.

When Mark first came out with A Date with Markiplier, I was intrigued. This kind of interactive story telling wasn't new to me as I've seen other YouTubers, like Dan & Phil, do projects like these before. However, this was Mark's own take on it. The 1st person POV & his style of humor was established. This really began his artistic legacy. That same year, Who Killed Markiplier? came out, and ooooooooooooomg. That was amazing. He took these skit personas that have become signature to his brand and created entire lore & backstories for them. He didn't have to do that, but he did. Also, "it's demons, Jim!" This project had 2 follow ups that extended the lore - Damien & Wilford "Motherloving" Warfstache - and brought conclusions to this origin story.

Then A Heist With Markiplier happened. Everything changed. I don't care what your perspective of Markiplier is, but anyone must admit how insane it is that he wrote all of this by himself. There are dozens of endings & dozens of paths. Quantic Dream could never! All of his friends were involved; other actors he used before came back. The creativity, the dialogue, the acting, and all the hard work put into this makes for such a unique and fun adventure. I didn't think it could get better than this....


In Space With Markiplier released back in April. Yes, there were many choices, but it all seemed to end up in the same few possible endings. However, the concept and story were still pretty great. I know how much Mark loves Space, so I already knew he was gonna make sure that his Space story would be perfect. I loved the chaos I could ensue as the Captain & was absolutely astounded that it took me an hour to reach an ending. And yet again, I was super impressed with how just a single person could think and write all this.

And then Part 2 released a month later... I refer to it as the Multiverse With Markiplier. And no matter what happens..... This is Mark's Magnum Opus. Doctor Strange could never! I believe there's one solid ending, but it's all about the journey, not the destination. And what a journey it is! There's so many different versions & characters of Mark that you can meet and I just, again, can't believe he came up with this. There are also so many references from his YouTube career, including a Stan the Waterman that had me crying. In the end, we see the multiverse gem and then are recommended to the Heist, which basically tells me that the same gem is the one that was on that box and this Space adventure was a prequel/origin to Heist the whole time. What the heck!

I would firstly like to give my Congratulations, not just for this massive project, but for a whole decade on YouTube. And then I'd like to thank Mark for his work over the years entertaining people and being awesome. I don't know what's left on this dream agenda of yours, but I hope you continue to succeed all your goals. We'll see you in the next video. Buh bye!






My Rating: ★★★★★★★★★★



Hollis Films Twitter