Annabelle Comes Home (2019)


"While babysitting the daughter of Ed and Lorraine Warren, a teenager and her friend unknowingly awaken an evil spirit trapped in a doll."

- IMDB Synopsis



So yeah. This was lame.

I love the Conjuring films. But the Nun was just bad and the first two Annabelle movies were okay, but also not too good. I had low expectations for this one. I found it boring and too long; and the Daniella character and that other guy were annoying and I didn't care about them. As far as story goes, the 2nd film did a better job at telling an interesting story. When it comes to the Annabelle trilogy, I don't recommend watching them more than once. I hope the 3rd Conjuring is better, but I hear, not so much.


There were a fair few jump scares, but the scare factor of this movie relied most on it's creepiness. I've seen a lot of horror movies and played a lot of scary games, so it takes a lot to scare me or make me feel uncomfortable. I wasn't scared at all during this installment. The sequence when the babysitter first has an experience with the Ferry Man when she follows coins around the house was well done. There were a couple of corpses with coins over their eyes lurking in the background and it was really creepy. When she goes into the weird hallway, you can see the demon creature lurking in the shadows as well. Also, Annabelle herself has an unnerving design (great for cosplay). Other than that, I was casually watching a mediocre horror experience. 



My Rating: ★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆